ADVICE: When you call these numbers, if you don’t find what you need, ASK THE PERSON FOR OTHER SHELTERS. They may know of places we do not have.
York County Shelter Programs
P.O. Box 820 – 04002
18+ yrs pregnant or parenting / limited family shelter
The Bangor Area Homeless Shelter
263 Main St. – 04401
Temporary shelter 18+ yrs / no teens / no family / no facility for pregnant women
- The Shepherd’s Godparent Home
- Website: www.godparenthomeme.com
- Pro-life / shelter / necessary assistance / medical & housing assistance for pregnant and/or parenting women and teens 13 yrs and older
- Stepping Stones
- Phone: 1.888.866.0113
- Website: www.steppingstonesusa.org/our-programs/shelter/
- Shelter for 18+ yrs who are 7 mths pregnant and/or parenting / adoptive services / family stabilization program / transitional living (up to 24 mths) / case management services & outpatient mental health counseling
- St. Andre’s Group Home
- 283 Elm St. – 04005
Pro-life / 18+ yrs pregnant and/or parenting / child services / parenting help / 4 group homes.
Tedford Adult Shelter
49 Cumberland St. – 04011
207.729.1161 ext. 104
Cannot bring other children. Women can call from 3:30 pm – 9:30 am.
- Not pro-life / adult & family shelter / homeless youth shelter
- Tedford Family Shelter
34 Federal St. – 04011
207.729.1161 ext. 107
Not pro-life / For women with children. Women can call after midnight / adult & family shelter
Penquis Journey House
59 Free St. – 04930
Not pro-life / Maternity group home for women 16-21 yrs of age.
Emmaus Homeless Shelter
P.O. Box 811 – 04605
18+ yrs pregnant and/or parenting / children’s services / assistance programs
- PRESQUE ISLE
Battered Women’s Project – New Visions for Women, Inc.
754 Main St. – 04769
Not pro-life / For victims of domestic abuse.
32 Erchles St. – 04276
- Not pro-life / shelter for women & families / children’s services / assistance programs
New Hope Women’s Shelter
111 South Main St. – 04979
- Pro-life / shelter for pregnant and/or parenting women