Parenting may be the right decision for you, so you owe it to yourself and your baby to think about what it would take.
Some questions to ask yourself if you’re considering parenting:
- What is my current situation and what kind of support would it take to parent my child?
- Are there programs in my area that would help support me and my child?
- What are the most import things I want to provide for my child?
- What do I want my life to look like in one year? In five years? In 10 years?
Adoption is so different today from what it was just a few decades ago. Where once birthmoms were expected to end their relationship with their child, today adoption can allow you to remain involved in your child’s life, all while you pursue your own future and give your child what he or she needs to thrive longterm.
Some questions to ask yourself when considering adoption:
- What did I think about adoption before I became pregnant? Has my opinion changed now?
- Am I open to remaining in contact with my child as he/she grows up?
- What do the people who are important in my life think about adoption?
- What level of influence do I believe people important to me should have in this decision?
When you find out you’re pregnant and you’re not sure what to do, abortion can feel like the easiest way to resolve the situation. Many women choose this option. It’s important to think this choice through before you go ahead with the procedure.
Some questions to ask yourself when considering abortion:
- What did I think about abortion before I became pregnant? Has my opinion changed now?
- How does abortion fit with my values?
- Does abortion simply seem like the easier option, even if it doesn’t fit with my values?
- Is abortion a decision I could live with long term?
- Is someone pressuring me to have an abortion?
We’re here for you, no matter what decision you make. We want to talk with you and help you make the best plan for your life. We do not make referrals or provide abortion services, but will walk with you as you sort out your options.